We can only save America, if we have better politics, we can only have that if we have more involvement. This is a call to action, not a call to continue with the excuses of old, to hide our heads in the sand, and continue to allow business as usual to prevail.
Note: This article may not apply to most who are likely to read it, but if by chance you’re one of those who’ve not been politically active, perhaps it will spur you to action.
America is in Decline
America and the western world are in decline. This decline hasn’t come about overnight, and its cause has many reasons. In my estimation, a major contributing factor, or perhaps just a symptom, depending on one’s perspective, is the fact we’ve allowed horrible people to go to Washington and other places to pretend to represent us.
Please don’t misconstrue what I’m saying, many, if not most of our elected officials, at all levels are decent and honorable people and do their level best to do what’s required of them. Sadly, there are too many who stand in stark contrast to those who are out there doing the right things.
How is this possible you might ask? To begin with, there are many factors at play, so to break it down to one succinct factor, would be disingenuous. However, I’ve decided to bullet point a few factors, mind you, these are off the top of my head and only put into alphabetical order. Feel free to add to them as you formulate your own list, but don’t allow a growing list of negatives to discourage you from getting involved and acting.
- A large portion of American society has adopted “woke” and “cancel culture” as business as usual, while others tolerate it, or did nothing to halt it before it became the norm.
- Bad politicians are protected from having a real challenger during primaries by the status quo in our political parties. This is done through threats to people in the party, or those who are up and coming office seekers and officeholders alike. They also, change the rules to suit their chosen candidate at the last minute and in secrecy and more.
- Far too many people believe in outrageous conspiracy theories than ever before.
- Many (certainly not all) of our elected officials in high office across the board are corrupt and have a cult of personality surrounding them.
- Many of those who do vote, only do so during a general election, while voting in every primary would garner better results.
- Many on the right haven’t fiercely pushed back against the left.
- More people are voting for things, over ideas, and at the expense of fewer Americans.
- Our National Debt is nearly $30 Trillion and continues to rise, as inflation is about to be like we’ve never seen.
- Patriotism is only prevalent in certain circles, and at best, it’s only feigned in others.
- The leftist ideology for decades has been invading our education system, beginning at the highest levels, and yet very few people did anything to stop it. Now, it permeates from Pre-K-12 education.
- The left has been electing ideologues who are fighters, while the right in some respects continues to elect establishment types who focus more on fundraising, but never really fight back or work to recruit and grow the party, which has only added to our nation’s problems.
- The Media for the most part is only propaganda, and mouthpieces for the lying left. Sadly, many in right-wing media are only high-profile grifters.
- The Republican establishment for the most part has kept those who want to solve problems and take it to the left out of office.
- Very few government institutions are honest and trustworthy, now nearly all of them, including our military is being systematically dismantled by social justice warrior policies.
- Very few people pay attention to or participate in politics.
- We’re fighting endless wars with no clear direction or real pathway to anything that looks like a victory, all the while the “Military Industrial Complex” types continue to profit, while our warfighters die, and my fellow Veterans suffer.
If those of us on the right, from the moderates to the far right want to save our nation, we must stop allowing the connected insiders to make decisions that affect us all, especially when it comes to nominating our Republican standard-bearers. By doing business as usual, the only party that’s benefited is the Democrat Party, this mentality will not stop unless more people get involved and force an end to it.
No More Business as Usual
It’s certain, the business as usual model where establishment types only talk a big game in election years to secure your donation and support should no longer be tolerated. Talk with no follow-through election after election has failed our entire nation. Continuing to only blame Democrats may make us feel good, but it will do nothing to repair our nation, and move us further into the 21st century in a positive manner. This has been allowed to happen because for too long people have not paid attention to politics or thought politics didn’t affect them. Many simply looked the other way as establishment politicians spun the same tells, all the while they had their hands in the cookie jar.
We can’t simply keep taking it or waiting for those in power to stop themselves, or to correct course, that’s never going to happen. If you don’t want to see our nation relegated to the ash heap of history, ask yourself the following questions.
Is America worth saving? If you answered yes, then ask yourself, what am I prepared to do to help save it?
Are you willing to get out of your comfort zone and give a little of your time being active in politics at some level? If so, then it’s time to take the next step, even if it’s a little one, even if you’re skeptical of your own talents. As Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn said, “Talent is always conscious of its own abundance and does not object to sharing.” After all, you know your abilities, apply them wherever and whenever you can, trust me, you can make a positive difference.
Wake Up to Reality and Get Involved
People need to wake up, sadly a great many are happy with their blissful ignorant slumber. They’re dreaming the dreams of the naïve and disconnected. Many are consumed with the on-demand world we now live in and give no thought to the real cost of things or how they’re able to have all the “things” they worship. People all too often focus on shiny objects instead of facing reality. If we collectively don’t wake up to what’s taking place, then we’re doomed to suffer through what follows. After all, America is in decline, continuing to make excuses or continuing to wait for someone else to step up and save it, only adds to our mounting problems. If there ever was a “now or never” scenario, this is it, I urge everyone to wake up to reality and get involved, after all, this could be our last shot to save America.